Friday, September 23, 2016
5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- If you are in the area on Friday you’re invited to drop by for a casual meet and greet event at family-friendly Fanaticus Sports Grill, 1016 E. 1st Street, Port Angeles. Grab some great food and drinks, meet up with old friends and make some new ones, organize a carpool and plan your strategy for the big day!
Saturday, September 24, 2016
7:30 am – 9:00 am:
- Kick off the big day with a morning meet-up at Clallam County Fairgrounds, 1608 West 16th Street, in Port Angeles for the launch of the Olympic Peninsula GeoTour .
- Pick up your registration packets and passport booklet to record your cache finds to claim a geocoin.
- Sign the logbook and get some basic help if you need to get started with your day of geocaching,
- Enjoy some coffee and light morning refreshments to jump-start your day.
9:00 am – ??:
Head east? Head west? You decide where you want to start to hunt down all the caches placed for this GeoTour. The GeoTour will start in Port Angeles, but will take you to all corners of the northern Olympic Peninsula and south along the coast to Lake Quinault area. The fabulously beautiful trackable geocoin is your reward for filling your passport booklet with stamps from each of the 30 caches on the Geotour – along with your experience of seeing some of the most beautiful country in Washington!
Since you may go east or west and probably won’t come back to Port Angeles, check out locations along the Hwy 101 Scenic Byway Loop for dinner or a place to rest your weary feet! Here’s a list of places to stay along the way!